Friday, June 19, 2015

Day 5 - Piece of ca. . . Kale

Juicing Journal
Day 5


I feel like now that I am over the hump of the most challenging days of three and four, I am capable of going further than I had anticipated. I woke up this morning feeling more energetic than usual. I even feel like I have a little pep to my step. Last night I made a few juices to get me into the weekend. I hadn't juiced since my bulk juice night on Sunday when I prepared juices and froze them until I needed them for this week. I'm still prolonging my juice intake to one in the morning so far today, and one in the afternoon, and possibly another one or two in the evening. I'm actually having single servings ( as far as the recipes specified) and sticking to those. I'm not limiting myself per se, I am just not indulging on any excessive hunger or temptations. Whereas in my previous Reboots I would have drank two or three juices in the morning alone, I am alternating between sipping my juice, drinking plenty of water, and also incorporating hot teas into my juicing regime.

The wonders of hot teas. . . Besides the fact that hot natural teas contain antioxidants, they also help to keep you feeling less hungry.

I think the most apparent change I feel is that I am definitely feeling more energetic (besides having stayed up until midnight watching a movie). I see my skin isn't oily and I also feel like my teeth may even be a little whiter. These 5 days have been a great rejuvenation for my body. I don't feel like I've struggled too much with giving into temptation or even getting any cravings. In prior Reboots, I will never forget I also had one particular unhealthy food I was craving throughout. Whether that was a big, juicy loaded hamburger with the works, or a large, New York style greasy and cheesy slice of pizza. One thing I know about myself, regardless of state of diet; I love cookies. Any type, and flavor, and any time. But I've been incredibly tame with not even darting an eye at the box of cookies in my desk drawer at work. I was even able to converse with my family while they were having dinner and there I was with my juices.

My motivation right now, besides seeing the results of weigh-in night at the end of Day Three , I am also feeling motivated to follow through with a healthier than normal lifestyle because in a couple months my other half and I are going on a vacation to Miami! This will be a great opportunity to work up to until then.

I've come to find out that my 'Zombie's, Run!' game was only a taste of the paid app, so I am going to give in and purchase it for the sake of continuing my zombie missions. It honestly has been a very enticing method to get me to go on my 5 mile walks/runs everyday.

                            Least/Worst  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 8  9  10  Most/Best
Energy                                                        8
Hunger                                              3
Anxiety                                             3
Focus                                                               7
Weight                    To be revealed at the end of Today, Day 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment